Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Donut around my belly button!!

So, Drew and I have decided to have a little get-away for our anniversary. We are leaving the boys with my ever-patient parents, and going to Wisconsin Dells. Well, as many of you know, the main attraction at the Dells is waterparks. Waterparks = bathing suits. Ahhhhh!

I have always had what I call a donut around my belly button, and my mid-section has never been my best asset. My very recent pregnancy and c-section has only made that worse, and the last thing I wanted to do was try and fit into one of my bikinis - especially if other people were going to see me! I am not sure I looked great in those bathing suits before children, so I am pretty sure I would scare everyone out of the wave pool if I put one on now!

So, once we made the final decision to go to the Dells, I made the decision to purchase a new bathing suit - one suitable for a mom. Drew and I went to Macy's yesterday for me to try on a couple, and boy, were they scary! As I looked at myself in the mirror, I was horrified. Not only did I look like a mom, but I looked like a 50 year old mom. Horrible. Drew suggested at that point that maybe we should look for something at Sportmart. I went, completely unsure of what we would find, but it couldn't get any worse, right?!?!?

I started by trying on some suits that were more fit for a professional swimmer, and that made me look like I had one huge boob instead of two. Bummer. Then, I tried one on that actually had cups (which are a good thing), and was elated! I don't look 50, and yet, everything is tucked in, camouflaged, and comfortable. That makes this upcoming trip even better, and I can't wait to have a couple of days away with my honey! Not only will I have some one-on-one time with Drew, but I won't have a little body attached to me at all times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment