Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Low man on the Totem Pole

Boomer was our very first baby. In fact, he will turn four in a couple of months, and I remember very distinctly when I would hold him like a baby when he was very small.
However, as of late, he has dropped even farther down the totem pole, and if Dylan wasn't so insistent on helping feed him every night, I would probably forget. The lower he falls, though, the more patient he becomes. Tonight, Dylan and Drew were playing with these rings that I had found for Cody, and Boomer wanted to get in on all of the fun. He wore this "necklace" for at least an hour, and it didn't bother him in the least.
With our schedules consistently being inconsistent, he paces around at night, not sure of where he should sleep or if he should try and stay awake when we are. He follows me everywhere during the day, which is both annoying and sweet. As patient as he is, I don't think he is sure about this new loud addition that we have introduced.
Boomy, I love you. I love you, you weird, humongous dog. Our home wouldn't be the same without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment