Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whew! We made it!

Well, my Monkey is 6 weeks old today! I can't believe how fast it has gone, and thankfully, the hardest part of his newborn-ness is over. Now the fun really begins!
I like to think that I have some sort of special power to make my son smile, but I know that it is just gas. Nonetheless, he has been smiling a lot more lately, and it is the sweetest thing. He is already eating up to 5 ounces, which really helps him sleep longer at night, which I really appreciate.

I will be returning to work soon, and it is making me sad. I am sort of excited about going back to West, and seeing all of my friends, but my little boy is so little, and it tugs at my heart a little to leave him home with Drew. I feel like I will be missing out on so much, and even though I should be used to that because of Dylan, I feel like I am cheating Cody out of important time with me. Don't get me wrong, Drew will do a wonderful job until Cody can go to daycare in November, but he will get to experience a lot of milestones that I may miss.

Well, no need to get all sappy, I am hell-bent on enjoying the rest of my time off. I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with Cody and Drew, but I am also looking forward to this weekend when Dylan will be home with us, and hopefully, I will be able to do some special things with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment