Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day one - done!

Today was my first day back at work. Leaving this morning was pretty easy, but I missed my children. I appreciated the adult interaction, and it was great to see all of my friends. However, there was a part of me that yearned to be with Dylan and Cody, and I was so excited to see them this afternoon. They both looked like they had grown leaps and bounds since I drove down my street this morning, and I was amazed at how my baby's smile warmed my heart like nothing before.

Getting the first day under my belt was a great step into getting me back into our new routine. Drew and I can now establish our mornings and evenings, and that brings me comfort and stabilization to a life that could warp into a crazy and volatile existence. The boys are adjusting well, and that offers me more contentment.

One day down, 30 years left to go. The schedule will consistently adjust, and hopefully I can keep myself flexible enough to go with the flow, as ever-changing as it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment