Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My head is spinning.....

Today was the fastest day in the history of the world. All of a sudden, I looked at the clock, and I realized that my day was half over. Normally, I would see that as a positive thing - less time until I am back with all of my boys. But, today, I hadn't achieved half of my to-do list at work, and I started to panic. Thankfully, with a little elbow grease, I finished most of that list, and felt good about my work, but then there are those things that pop up at the last second. I never fully resolved those issues in full before I left for the day, and I had a hard time "leaving them at the office". It seemed as though I walked at mach-speed to my car, hurried home, all the while running through my new to-do list for tomorrow. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to anyone, and I spent the drive with the windows open blasting the music, probably trying to drown out all of the thoughts that were racing through my mind.

Although the days can be overwhelming, I enjoy the stress of it. I enjoy making a difference to my customers, and I enjoy making a difference for our checking account! While some women are perfectly content with being stay at home moms, and would actually prefer it, I am one of the few women that enjoy going to work. I find that the time I spend away from my family allows me more patience and focus when I am with them. I realize that my time with them is short, and I need to appreciate every moment. Many women are afraid to talk about enjoying their profession and the success it brings for fear of being judged as a uncaring mother. Who wouldn't want to spend every waking moment with their blessed child? Me. Maybe it is because I had a strong mother who worked outside of the home, but I never pictured myself as a housewife or stay at home mom who cooked and cleaned her heart out. In fact, right before I went back to work, the ends of my fingers were actually cracking from all of the dishes and cleaning I was doing. Another realization that it was time for me to go back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment