Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

Never been a fan...

So, I have never been a fan of sleeping with your children, mostly because Dylan is the wiggliest little worm during the night. I only discovered this 6 months ago when Drew was out of town overnight. I don't mind if he crawls in with us for a few brief moments in the early morning, but never for any length of time. I end up getting scratched by his toenails, because he is constantly moving his legs and feet, and my head hurts because he insists on headbutting me about 20 times...

All of this being said, Cody and I had the most wonderful 3 hour nap this afternoon. I couldn't think of any place I would rather be: in my comfortable bed with my baby. Today was my last day alone with him, and all I wanted to do was snuggle. He complied, and fell asleep fast in the crook of my arm, barely moving until I woke up. He smelled so comforting, and his breathing became slow and predictable soon after we settled in. Kind of reminds me of life: Once we are with the people who truly help us be happy, we quickly fall into a deep contentment that could last forever. Of course, there are always the bumps, like dreams that make us rouse briefly from a deep sleep, but we calm as quickly as we awoke. I have found those people, and together we have made our house a home; a wonderful oasis to a crazy world. Being together is where I want to be, and it is the time without them when I realize how much I rely on them to be my own content self.

No comments:

Post a Comment