Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Relaxing Sunday.... Kind of....

Well, we are hunkered down for a Sunday full of football, which is relaxing other than the fanatic yelling and constant checking for our Fantasy Football scores...

Yesterday, I spent some time doing some much needed gardening and pruning. It seemed like it should be a fairly easy task, and started well. However, during some weeding in the backyard, I disturbed some humongous ant hills. All of a sudden I looked down at my hands, which I thought were protected with my gardening gloves, and saw ants crawling all over my arms. Not only were those little buggers all over my upper body, but had started munching on my legs as well. Augh! After doing a little ant dance all over the backyard to rid myself of them, I retreated to the garage and yelled for Drew, looking for a little help to make sure that they weren't still crawling on me. Traumatic and gross. I kept feeling them crawling on me until I took a shower a couple of hours later. Thankfully, I was able to finish the yardwork, and was pleased with it. So many people, my mom included, find gardening and yard work to be therapeutic, but with my afternoon, the only part that was calming was placing the already-potted Mums on the front stoop. Thankfully, the rest of the day wasn't nearly as shocking as that!

This morning, we got up late (for us anyway!). Dylan slept in until 7:00am, which is not normal for him, and we all woke up in a great mood. At 8:15 we packed up the boys, and traveled to Target for our weekly grocery trip. With the man-to-man coverage that we had, this week's jaunt was a lot less stressful than when I tried to take both of them by myself last week!! Once we got home, Drew and Dylan played outside for a while, which made our Little Bear tired enough to lay down for his nap at his normal time despite his late wake up.

Now, Drew and I are watching football while both of the boys are snoozing. Nope, we aren't enjoying the beautiful weather outside, but there is no other place that I would rather be than relaxing on the couch with my wonderful husband. Now, I just have to master the skill of making homemade nachos, and I think the day will be completely perfect!!

No comments:

Post a Comment