Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Fat, Bloated, & Gassy

As you can guess from the title of this post, I haven't been feeling the best about myself lately. While I am not in the worst shape of my life, I have definitely been slacking. I have some habits, yes, very bad habits that I am working to quit....

I have read in a couple of interesting articles lately that the more you share about large life changes, the more apt you are to abandon them. So, even though it is killing me to not blog about these large life changes I am about to commit to, I am holding steady to it. The first step of these life changes arrived in the mail today, and as scared as I am to jump on this train, I am excited about it too. I am scared that I will quit, my will power too weak to sustain the pain, and I am worried that I will end up staying in this stagnant spot in my life.

But, then there are the boys (all 3 of them) that I want to live a healthy life for. I want to be around to see my kids go to college - and then graduate!, get married, have kids of their own, and I want to enjoy a long and fulfilling life with my husband. I am far more worried that these life choices I am currently making will shorten my life, and take me away from the 3 most important people in my life. So, I will do this for them... and myself, I guess. Plus, I want to go through a day where I don't feel disgusting and fat. And while I am excited about this journey, I am most excited to feel healthy during this ride.

So, you will quickly discover my life changes if you spend a significant amount of time with me. And, if you don't have that pleasure, I am sure that you will see pictures of me in a fabulous bathing suit from our up-coming trip to Mexico where I am completely comfortable in those bikinis I am currently scared of wearing - with a content and happy smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment