Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Are you finally blogging???

Drew must think that I have been slacking too much with my obligation to blog... So, here I am!

After a very busy week, I was looking forward to a quiet weekend with my guys so much. I felt like we had a couple of things on the to-do list that we had to get done. We started the weekend with some much-needed vaccinations (H1N1 - thank you very much!), and proceeded to apply for Cody's passport. I was so thankful to get both of these things done; they were weighing on my mind so heavily.

We spent a great deal of time over at Grammie and Grampie's today - and like always, they were so excited to see the boys. We all enjoyed spending time together, and Dylan loves seeing them!

On the way home, Dylan, Cody, and I slept for much of the way, and Drew and I were quick to put them both in their respective beds once we got home, hoping that they would sleep for just a bit longer. Of course, Dylan snuggled right in, and slept for another 2 hours once we arrived home. Cody doesn't sleep as much as Dylan does, and he wanted to be awake and play with Mom and Dad. And, although Cody wasn't going along with our plan, Drew and I decided to go downstairs and work out. It was fun to have him next to me, especially because I don't enjoy the workouts that much. I understand that they are necessary, and I am definitely seeing changes the longer I stick to it, but it was nice to have a buddy.

Once everyone was awake and had a little snack, Daddy and Dylan went to the movie store to pick up a couple of flicks and some snacks. When they arrived home, I was pleasantly surprised with Drew's picks, and we settled in and watched the new Ice Age movie. I don't know what Dylan loved more: the popcorn or the movie! It was so nice to have some laughs, some snuggles, and some warm popcorn!

The boys are both in bed now, and I am reminded every evening how wonderful my children are. Both of them went to bed without any temper tantrums or crying jags, just like usual. I don't think it has necessarily been anything that Drew and I have done to help them be this way - I think that they are just that good.

Now, Drew and I are sitting together - he is playing his video games, and I am blogging. And although we aren't focusing on the same thing - it is so calming and comfortable to be in his presence. Drew is like home to me; he is my safe haven. More than that, though, he is the rock that keeps our Saturdays happy, and our life content.

No comments:

Post a Comment