Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Remember that lovely vacation post?!?!?

I wrote what I thought was a very lovely post regarding our vacation in Oregon. It talked all about what a wonderful time we had at the beach and how nice it was to spend quality time with family. What I didn't include was the stomach flu that plagued us for the first 3 days we were there.

It all started with an incident on the plane with 20 minutes left in the flight. Cody and I were sitting next to a very unsuspecting, yet annoying gentleman. With a short time left before landing, Cody threw up all over me. I used to wonder the difference between spit-up and throwing up - not anymore. Its very sad to see your infant throwing up the entire days worth of formula, and trust me, it doesn't smell that good either. I am sure that that particular gentleman was wishing he was sitting next to another passenger all together. Well, once we arrived to Grandma and Grandpa's house, everything seemed fine. However, within the next 24 hours, 5 of the remaining 9 family members were also sick. And then another, and another, and another, and another..... This sickness is terribly contagious, dangerous, and painful. Dylan seemed to be the "last man standing"....

Until last night. After a short evening, Dylan made us put him to bed. Yes, folks, that's right. He had been requesting to go to bed for at least 40 minutes, and Drew and I held him off as long as we could. Shortly after both boys were tucked in, we went to bed as well. At about 11:30, Dylan woke up, emerged from his room, being very careful to completely close his door before coming to my side of the bed and throwing up all over me. Awesome. Not only was he scared and crying, but he was still sick and coughing at the same time. Totally gross. I got up, put him in the bathtub, and Drew stripped his sheets as well as ours and put them downstairs. I finally got him back in bed, Cody fed, and Boomer kicked out of the house, and finally settled back into bed myself. I slept with a very keen ear, waiting for the next round...

With all of that said, I stayed home with Little Bear today. I don't know if it was because it was just he and I home, or because I felt like the day was very productive, it was one of those days that made me wish I was a stay at home mom. I don't often say that, but today, even with the sickness, it was wonderful. Relaxed and quiet. Special and heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment