Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wonderful Day

Wow - my heart is full. I have had one of the most wonderful days. My mom came over to watch the boys while Drew and I finished Christmas shopping. In years past, stepping foot in a mall this time of year would cause beads of sweat to quickly travel down my forehead, my anxiety keeping me from joining the crowds. Today, though, with no kids, Drew and I browsed, purchased, and generally enjoyed our time together.

When he and I spend time together, I am quickly reminded of why I married him. Not only is he the best shopping partner known to man, but he and I truly enjoy being together. We joke, we laugh, we enjoy silence, we be. We are true to ourselves when we are are together - no fear of judgment, annoyance, unhappiness. It is times like these when I realize that once the boys are gone, with lives of their own, that Drew and I will still know each other, like each other, and still be madly in love with each other.

When we got home and unloaded our loot, Cody woke up and smiled with us. He wanted to be held, and I was pleased to oblige. He is such a happy little boy, and we are so lucky. Soon after, Dylan woke up, and we showed him all of our purchases - at least the ones that we could. I plan to wrap the rest later...

Tonight is our movie night, and we are watching Monsters Vs. Aliens right now with candles lit, in our most comfiest pj's, snuggling in together. What a great life I have - a strong, loving marriage, two healthy and happy boys, a warm home. So many blessings, and so little time to realize them. I am thankful for them now, and breathing in every moment of this perfectness that I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment