Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mighty Life List?

After watching an inspiring Mom-Blog video on momversation.com today regarding personal bucket lists, I began to wonder what my list was like. Unlike many people that have sky-diving, swimming with deadly jellyfish, and bungy jumping on their list, I decided mine looks like this:

1. Manage to make it through one day without Dylan pooping his pants.
2. Get a full night's sleep.
3. Find appropriate time in my day for . (Please insert working out, doing dishes, laundry, etc.)
4. Not being "that crabby, cantankerous woman".
5. Feed Cody enough. (He is currently going through a massive growth spurt and is ravenous.)

While this isn't as sexy as most people's lists, this is what I want to accomplish in the near future. Some days, I think that this list is just as difficult to complete as arranging a meeting with Jesus in the flesh, some days everything seems to fall into place. Maybe I should preface this list by saying that I would like to accomplish these things with brave consistency. Not periodically, like I do now. I just find that I don't have enough time in my day, and unfortunately, something always seems to fall by the wayside (see the last 2 unfinished loads of laundry in my washer and dryer, collecting mold, I'm sure.)

As I think through writing, I believe that maybe my list should look like this instead:

1. Realize what is important and what is urgent. Everything else shouldn't matter.....

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Picks and Kicks. I liked your only goal on the second bucket list. I think after having two children myself, while working a full-time job I've come to realize the same thing. I can't sweat the small stuff.

    ReplyDelete