Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Love

Today, we had our family photos taken. When Gina asked how Drew and I met, I immediately said that we met through friends and that we were the token "met at the bar" couple. I should have been honest and explained the scenario with all of its vivid memories. We are not the normal, token husband and wife duo. Our love is extraordinary, and I can honestly say that the moment he uttered the words, "you look familiar", I fell in love. Since that fateful moment, I have been utterly smitten with Drew.

I am smitten with the man that buys me orchids when I am blue, gets me the love story for our weekly movie night because he knows it will make me happy, and makes me a drink without me asking for a refill. He adores me as much as I adore him, and although he isn't a man that necessarily is openly affectionate, has grown accustomed to me grabbing for his hand while we are walking. He puts himself aside for my happiness, and makes me laugh during difficult moments.

There are tough times where we feel as though our partner is the enemy, but at the end of the day, no matter what argument has struck us, I long to snuggle into his arm and chest while falling asleep. For the longest time, he claimed that he would rather sleep alone and enjoy the whole bed - but as time passes, and we become adjusted to the other person inhabiting the opposite side, I know that he would find it difficult to reach for me in the middle of the night and not find me there.

Isn't that what love is all about? Reaching for your lovie and knowing that they will be there, no matter what the situation may be? Maybe too often, I reach for the strength within myself rather than grasping for his love and support during the difficult and mundane. Thank God he does reach for me - in the middle of the night, in the middle of an argument, in the middle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment