Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My baby boy turned 3 on Tuesday. My, what time can do.

In three years, I have learned to appreciate the hand prints and slobber on my full length mirror,
And to instinctively step over the matchbox cars littering the floor.

In three years, I have learned that ravioli can be extremely messy,
and that a warm glass of milk can soothe a tired soul.

In three years, I have learned to talk softer and listen harder,
translate new words for strangers,
and that the word "mommy" can be the sweetest at the end of a long, hard day.

In three years, I have learned that patience can be hard, but letting go can be far harder,
and that the candles quickly multiply on the cake each year no matter how hard you will them to stop.

In three years, I have learned to sit back and watch him learn and grow,
and I have learned that as I cultivate the relationship with him, my adoration blossoms,
my appreciation increases,
my love flourishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment