Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

In Honor of Mother's Day

I realized today that I completely forgot to blog on Mother's Day - which, for a woman in my position, is one of the most important days of the year.

Being a mommy means...

Wiping noses even when you know they hate it.
Sprinting to the potty when someone has to go.
Cleaning everything when they don't make it.
Admiring the smeared handprints on a mirror instead of cleaning them off.
Resigning to the fact that if you do clean them off, they will reappear in 15 minutes.
Finding Matchbox cars with sensitive feet in the middle of the night.
Recovering from stepping on the cars with a warm, snuggly, sleepy baby.
Making a bottle with one hand.
Accidentally spilling said bottle all over the counter, and remaking it.
Imaging the worst, but hoping the best.
Getting hugs for no reason.
Giving kisses because you can.
Loving little souls with everything you have.
Receiving their unconditional love in return.
Reading about other little boys and girls that deserve love but don't get it.
Loving my boys even more to make up for it.

Motherhood is about the good and the bad, the love and the frustration, the smiles and the tears. My sons are the best gifts that I could have been granted, and it is my sole duty as their Mom to be the friend, the enemy, the watchdog, the cheerleader, and the love that their little lives deserve.

Boys, I love you so much. I wish that I could always make the decisions that you want, but I am here to watch over you. My love for you will never end, it is without bounds. I celebrate who you are with every breath I take, and you are the most important people in my life.

XOXO ~
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment