Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Dear Daddy,

Tonight I wanted to celebrate you. And yet, you made it about everyone else. My babies, my husband, our fun. That is totally like you.

The road we have traveled together has seen its potholes, but you continue to stay by my side. Never failing, you constantly tell me "that you are in the balcony cheering me on". I cannot tell you how important you are to me, as your littlest girl. You have helped to shape me into the woman I am today, someone that I sincerely hope you are proud of. It's always been my goal as a person - to make you proud of who I am, and who I have become: a hard worker, a faithful wife, a loving mother.

Your generosity astounds me, and I consistently ask myself what I could have possibly done to deserve it. Your kind hand extends past me towards my husband, your son, and to our beautiful children, your grandsons. They are drawn to you; magically comfortable with your loving spirit. Both of my boys love to be with you, and Dylan laughs with you differently than he does with others.

And, man, do I love you. You have celebrated 28 Father's Days with me. And, tonight, I want to celebrate with you as a Dad. Not just a father, but my loving Dad - so different. A father loves; watching his children from afar. You were involved in my life, molding me into a good person. It is only now that I understand what love and concern a parent carries for their child - only now once I have my old babies can I understand your devotion and worry.

When I found Lynn's last letter to you, I immediately brought it to you. I didn't understand at that time what it must have meant to you - only thinking as a sister, not as a parent. Now, I understand. I truly, 100% agree with what she closed her letter with: I see you as a man I admire more than words can say, if you weren't my father, I'd wish you were.

You are the absolute best Dad for me - God chose me just for you. I love you more than words can say, and I want to thank you for being you. Stay with me. I need you.

Love ~
Your littlest girl

No comments:

Post a Comment