Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Newberg Class Reunion

This past weekend, Drew and I traveled with the boys to Oregon for his 10-year high school reunion. Once we recovered from the actual traveling, we had an absolute blast. I was incredibly enamored with all of Drew's friends that I met, and I connected with all of them. The girls from his class are wonderful, and welcomed me with open arms.

It was also nice for Drew to connect with his old buddies - learning about where they are in their own stage of life. Many of them shared interests with us: mortgages, marriages, and babies.

Once we were kicked out of the room that Charrisse so painstakingly put together for us, we found another bar within the same awesome complex to close the night. After more laughs, more beer, and some pool, Drew and I decided to end the evening.... at 4 o'clock in the morning. Whew - don't remember the last time we did that!

Not only did I thouroughly enjoy the company of Drew's cronnies, I appreciated his company as well. We needed a couple of days without the boys, and we really hooted it up!

On our last evening of the trip, Tim Norman threw a bbq with a bunch of old wrestling buddies that we hadn't seen at the actual reunion. Drew commented that he had laughed so hard reminiscing that his face hurt. I sincerely want to thank all of you for your hospitality and welcome spirit. I know that I didn't graduate with any of you, but now that I know first hand how great all of you are, I sure wish I would have.

No comments:

Post a Comment