Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

I will never forget the first moment that I met my future father-in-law. Of course, at that time, I didn't know that we would be bound forever by my wonderful husband and I was nervous as all get-out, but it was great. As we pulled into the parking lot of the only hotel in Fosston, he immediately welcomed me with a big hug, like we had known each other before.

It was soon after that Drew proposed to me, and we had a wonderful day, made in part by the support of both Janet and Kerry. It was Kerry, however, that helped to make my wedding day special. We shared some words and a hug after the ceremony, and that embrace coupled with so many that I had before that truly made me feel welcomed into the Hageman family.

Soon after we were married and decided to have a baby, Dylan arrived, and Kerry took to him naturally. Not only did he love me from that first moment, but Dylan as well. As a matter of fact, after Kerry's last visit, it took a week for Dylan to stop asking where Grandpa went. He always thought that he was hiding in the basement, ready to come up the stairs and play!

And then there is Cody - that boy loves being a Hageman. Not only does this little boy love his dad, but he loves being with Grandpa too.

It's interesting how young children can seek out those who love them. While we don't have the gift to see Dad often, my children gravitate towards him when we see him.

Dad,
Happy Birthday to you. You are a gift to me and a gift to my children. I love you so much, and I hope that you have a special, wonderful day. Drew and I will be thinking of you tomorrow - don't work too hard - drink a nice cold Corona - and relax.
Love you so much!
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment