Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

As I sit here blogging away, my husband and I are surrounded by great family. Time, I guess, for my annual Thankgiving blog post.

So, as I review 2010 in its entirety thus far, I am baffled by my blessings. I have a husband that I lovely dearly (even though we drive each other crazy), my beautiful boys (who also have a tendency to drive me up the wall), a warm home, and wonderful family and friends. I am blessed. I have a job that I love, a husband who has a job that he loves. We have been able to provide milk and food for our monsters, and a dog that loves us.

During this reflection time, I realize that while we have things that we are blessed with, there are families that aren't as lucky. I sincerely pray for those families during the Holiday season, as many of them will be celebrating for the first time missing loved ones - sometimes babies so tiny that they didn't get the experience of Thanksgiving and Christmas in innocence. It makes me hug my babies even tighter, experience the Holiday traditions in their glory, and thank God every night that we have another day with their beautiful smiles in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment