Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

4 Years

Little Bear,

Tomorrow, you will be four years old. The time that we have had with you has been challenging, rewarding, full of laughter, and full of life. You have grown into a sweet, sensitive boy that fulfills my every dream of motherhood.

When you were born, Daddy and I didn't know what to expect. From your first breath, you exuded a beautiful love. You are my gentle giant, always willing to watch out for others before yourself. You have learned to love your brother, and when I hear you tell him, "I love you Cody!" my heart swells.

Sweet baby, it breaks my heart how fast the 4 years have gone. It seems like only yesterday when we brought you home, smelling sweetly and having those chubby cheeks. We have enjoyed every moment with you. Now that you are older, you are spending time telling us all about the stories that have been building up in you for so long. We love that we can understand all of the words, and laugh along with you. I have waited forever to hear about your day, the ups and downs of your life, and now that you can tell me, I try to soak up every single sullable.

Dilly, my hopes for you in your next year is that you continue to be the very person that God intended for you to be. I hope that you continue to let me snuggle-buggle you in bed each night, kiss you on the cheeks, and thank God for giving me another day in your presence.

Thank you for being my friend, for holding my hand, and for being my Little Bear. Mommy loves you so much, and I look forward to what the next year will hold for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment