Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Get it together!

I feel like I am a mess. I half expect myself to see a woman with disheveled hair and bags under her eyes when I look in the mirror. (Gasp!) But, I don't. My mess is on the inside...

You see, every once in a while, Drew and I decide to leave our babushkas at home with Grammie and head out on the town. We always have a great time, but the recovery from said-great time is getting longer and longer. Gone are the days when I would stay out till 3 and then get up, take a shower, remove the bar stamp from the back of my hand and go on about my day. I am wrecked for days. Days ya'll. I am simply getting.too.old.

For my birthday (of which I will post more about later), Drew bought tickets for us to and see Buck Cherry downtown Minneapolis. Sounds like a blast, doesn't it?!? It was definitely out of our comfort zone, but so much fun... so much fun that I didn't do a damn thing the rest of the weekend. No laundry was completed, dishes sat in the sink with chunky food stuck to them, workouts were forgone. Shit shit shit...

Now I feel like I am starting all over. All over with the laundry. All over with the once-clean house. All over with the workouts (which you can read about here - http://regularoldchick.blogspot.com/)...

So, we have to start having the kind of fun that promptly ends at 9pm. Which sounds really boring. But after the repurcussions, it is increasingly clear that I need a curfew. especially if I need to get up and tend to the laundry. to the kids. to the cleaning. to life.....

1 comment: